Could you be the next FutureCoder?
FutureCodersSE are a community interest company with a mission to increase access to learning of software development and data analysis through project-based learning programmes.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for a learning data analyst to join their team as an intern working a minimum of 7 hours per week on a variety of data and training related duties.
During this time, you will have the opportunity to build on your current knowledge and experience to develop a set of skills which will help you take that first or next step on the career ladder.
You will be working within a small, established team assisting in the delivery of analysis projects for clients and it would be expected that you would quickly gain enough knowledge to support with the delivery of learning in data analysis, and possibly Python coding.
As a learning data analyst you will:
- Work with the team to understand data and development projects and the learning they deliver
- Show commitment, a positive attitude and attention to detail
- Develop a structured approach to the management of data analysis projects
- Provide teaching assistance as a learner mentor for groups of data analysis students
- Bring your own learning to a point where you can support our beginning learners (in Python coding for data where possible)
- Demonstrate an effective use of computer equipment and web-based technologies.
You will be:
- A good communicator
- Keen to start learning code in Python, or to further your learning if you already have some experience
- Patient with good attention to detail
- Able to accept constructive and positive feedback
- A creative thinker with problem solving skills
- Potentially already studying data analysis.
Data analysis and programming skills are transferable, linked to problem solving and creative thinking. You will have the opportunity to develop on, and learn new, skills which are valued and can be used in whatever you choose to do in the future.
FutureCodersSE will pay an intern wage which, although small, recognises that this role is key to the efficient management of their work (with a slightly higher rate for proven, existing, programming skills).
They would, ideally, be looking for an intern who may be able to commit to a long-term placement while studying. They have projects that can last up to two years and there is an opportunity for you to see projects through from start to finish.
If you’re interested in this role, you can apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- An overview of your experience of working with data (in a learning or work context)
- A description of your current work/learning situation
- An explanation of why you would like to join us.
Upon submitting your application, you should be prepared to:
- Demonstrate some data analysis problems you have worked with
- Complete an analysis task to meet a brief
- Attend a video interview relating to the person specification.
Applications will close on 16 February 2024.
Once an intern has been successfully appointed, there will also be a work experience opportunity for another candidate to work alongside the intern.
Watch this space for more information on that!