What to do if a fire occurs
Fire incidents are rare but, when they do happen, they are obviously very distressing and we’re here to help and provide you with support where needed.
How to report a fire
- Call 999 and ask for the Fire Brigade
- Give the building address
What to do following a fire
- Please call us on 01892 501480 if there is a fire at your building (please also call us if it’s a false alarm)
- After the fire is extinguished by the Fire Brigade, they will let you know if it’s safe to go back inside
- If the Fire Brigade doesn’t allow you to return to your home, please don’t worry – we’ll arrange and cover the cost of temporary accommodation if you don’t have friends or family you can stay with.
Make sure you’re insured
We take out insurance cover on our buildings but please remember that you’re responsible for arranging your own contents insurance. This is really important because if your belongings are damaged or destroyed, it is only your contents insurance that will cover them, not the buildings insurance that we are responsible for.
You can find out more about insurance, including details of an affordable contents insurance for housing association tenants, here.