Supporting you to feel safe in your home

Related Posts

Sadly, we’re often contacted by residents experiencing domestic abuse. Our Community Safety Team is on hand to provide advice and support if you, or someone you know, is experiencing domestic abuse.

If you are in immediate danger, you should call 999.

If you are experiencing domestic abuse, or you know someone who is, please speak to us. Our team is on hand to help you find the support you need. You can contact us via or by calling 01892 501480.

Our aim is to make sure that residents who have experienced/are experiencing domestic abuse are supported in a sympathetic and sensitive way, as outlined in our Domestic Abuse and Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) policy.

This policy tells you about our approach, and how we can support you.

If you’re experiencing domestic abuse and you need immediate help, ask for ‘ANI’ in a participating pharmacy or jobcentre. ‘ANI’ stands for Action Needed Immediately but also phonetically sounds like the name ‘Annie’.

If a pharmacy or jobcentre has the ‘Ask for ANI’ logo on display, it means they’re ready to help. They will take you to a private space, provide a phone and ask if you need support from the police or other domestic abuse support services.

You can find out more about the scheme, and search for your nearest participating pharmacy or jobcentre, on this webpage.

Further support is available from these organisations:

Posted in

Related Posts