Let’s Stay Fire Safe
Fire Safety plays a key role in keeping you, your family and your neighbours safe in your homes, and we take it very seriously.
We’re working with Kent Housing Group on its ‘Let’s Stay Fire Safe’ campaign. The aim of this campaign is for Housing Associations across the UK to come together to raise awareness of Fire Safety by sharing information with residents.
Here are some of the top ways you can keep your home fire safe:
- Make sure you have a working smoke detector, and test it often – please contact us if you don’t have working smoke detectors
- Don’t overload your electrical sockets
- Read the fire safety advice for any portable heaters you use
- Don’t leave lit candles or cigarettes unattended in your home
- Shut fire doors in communal areas and please report any damage to them to your landlord immediately
- Keep communal areas like corridors, entrance halls and stairwells clear from clutter
- Don’t charge personal items in communal areas or store them in communal cupboards
- Never light open fires or BBQs in your home or on balconies. If you want to use a BBQ in a communal garden, please speak to us first
- Make sure you, and your family, know what the fire escape plan is for your building.
For more information, please visit our fire safety page.
Please keep an eye out on our social media channels over the next couple of months where we will be posting content to support the campaign.
Got any questions?
If you have any questions or concerns around fire safety, either in your home or within your block, please talk to us about it. You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01892 501480.